This has pretty much become my favorite  country act of that period, with
OK probably still the exception of Jimmie Rodgers..

Don's right that you need those bluesier cuts on the comps he mentions to
get a good picture; I'd only add that their famous "Lonesome in the Pines"
is on the County disc too--and it's about the earliest known recording of
In the Pines..maybe even the eraliest.  (I don't mean to set that thread up
again!)

I'm still digesting Mr. Gardner's  [passing comment that they're " a little
too bluesy for me to get totally obsessive"....  That be what makes horse
races! I guess it's this early, convincing, tasty country and blues merge,
well played and sung and utterly outside of the Frank Hutchinson "stiff"
style of singing  that precisely GETS me about these guys.    (Tho I don't
have that Bear box...yet!).

Barry M.