Phil Connor wrote:

>       THE HOT 100 // THE MOST INFLUENTIAL AFRICAN-AMERICANS IN MUSIC //
>       Blacks in music: 100 years of 100 high notes   //    HISTORY: Looking
>       back on the century's most important African-Americans in the field.
>       BEN WENER; STEVE EDDY;TIMOTHY MANGAN:  The Orange
>       County Register
>           * 02/07/99
>       The Orange County Register

Well these exercises serve only to rile of course, but what the hell is Michael
Jackson doing perched on top of  Robert Johnson and Bird Parker?  I suppose it
depnds on what "important" means.  Anyone else surprised that Charley Pride
earns not even an honorable mention?  And why is the Orange County paper doing
this, of all places in the country?