>Well these exercises serve only to rile of course, but what the hell is
Michael
>Jackson doing perched on top of  Robert Johnson and Bird Parker?  I suppose
it
>depnds on what "important" means. And why is the Orange County paper doing
>this, of all places in the country?

>Stuart

Well, to answer the last question first, "Who the hell knows?" They got
there first, perhaps? Maybe historical irony is a necessity now and then.
Anyway, as far as I could tell, Jackoff was perched on top of RJ and Bird,
only--and this is the only acceptable reason--because the list was
alphabetical. If I'm wrong, I'm gone, but I think that was the rationale for
the listing being printed the way it was. I mean, I love "I Want You Back"
as much as the next guy, but Michael Jackson shouldn't be ranked in the Top
100 unless psychologists and plastic surgeons get to vote.

Lance . . . (ignoring record sales, moonwalking, and milquetoast "R&B"--and
loving it)