On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hankdogs... Hangdogs... Honeydogs... come on people. How about some
> originality? Anyone every considered how ridiculous many of the alt-country/ND
> band names are? They're like cliches at this point.

Gee, I just had this very same conversation with a very prominent West
Coast music critic recently <g>.  Inded, quite cliched and downright
ridiculous, INHO.

However, the most fun conversation we had was: What band/musician would
you eradicate from ever existing on the face of the Earth?  That is,
they neve recorded a thing.  Keep this in mind however......if you delete
them, you also delete any prior bands, etc....

For example, we all agreed on Sting....but had to balk since one would
then lose the Police.

Remember, no AAA or current HNC acts can be considered.

I believe we all achieved consensus with Meat Loaf. I fought hard saving
Asia, Jethro Tull.  Someone else barely saved Eddie Money.

NP: Walter Clevenger & The Dairy Kings - Love Songs to
Myself (Permanent Press)

Next Up: The Prissteens - Scandle, Controversy & Romance

Jerry