This came from a Music Critics group off the internet.....

Hi Everyone,

The top ten albums of 1998 according to you, the critics, have been tabulated.
We had an overwhelming number of participants for which we thank you all. We
know our chart is very different from any other and your choices for the top
artists will probably be quite different from the Grammys. Please feel free to
reprint the chart in your outlets.

The Critical List for 1998.

1.   Lucinda Williams   Car Wheels on a Gravel Road     Mercury
2.   Lauryn Hill        The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Ruffhouse/Columbia
3.   Billy Bragg and Wilco      Mermaid Avenue  Elektra
4.   Bob Dylan  The Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Bob Dylan Live 1966 (The Royal
Albert Hall Concert)    Columbia/Legacy
5.   Rufus Wainwright   Rufus Wainwright        DreamWorks
6.   Garbage    Version 2.0     Almo
7.   R.E.M.     Up      Warner Bros
8.   Elliott Smith      XO      DreamWorks
9.   Madonna    Ray of Light    Warner Bros
10. Hole        Celebrity Skin  Geffen

© Music Critics Organization, 1998. All rights reserved.
Reproduction of the above is permissable only if accompanied by notice of
MCO's copyright and reservation of rights.

We will tabulate the results according to genre in the next week, so please
stay tuned for the critics choice for top jazz, indie and country albums.

Look for regular voting to begin anew next week. Again, thank you all.