> Well hell , it could have been Jason & The Scorchers for that
> matter. But Amy's original interpretation seems to make the most sense.

Isn't Earle a Texan?  Wasn't Leon Payne a Texan?  You never can tell... <g>

Trivia: "Lost Highway" was a #12 hit for Williams in 1949, but it was the B
side of a bigger (#4) hit, "You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave)."  I
wonder if some of the former's stature isn't due to what became of Williams
afterward.

As far as songs about Hank Williams go, it seems to me that 1) someone put
out a collection that was in whole or in part songs about Hank, mostly from
the olden days, and/or 2) someone subjected a group of such songs to
analysis in an article or as part of a book.  Damn this CRS, anyhow; maybe
if the Bombmeister can drag himself away from the dives of Seattle long
enough to take a look at the list he can help out here.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/