Not that I disagree with the lyrical irrelevancy of this cut, but I, for
one, don't really care about that during a show. As odd as this may
sound--and as brilliant a lyricist as Bob, no doubt, is--I'm more interested
in what the music (and Bob) sound like. If he and the band sound good, he
could throw in a Terence Trent D'Arby cover and I would be happy. (Well,
sort of, but you know where I'm going). But, if he and the band sound like
shit, then I wouldn't really care if he played my favorite Dylan
song--"Tombstone Blues"--because I'm there to be entertained--and shit is
not entertaining. (That's why I never liked GG Allin, but that's another
story). It's all about the music for me. What that Ellington saying? It
don't mean what if it ain't got who?

Lance . . .

np--Wiggle Wiggle (just kidding)