If you're in the Atlanta, GA or Chapel Hill, NC areas - check out Elena
and her band when they come to town this week.

We just had them as guests at the Americana Showcase in Charlotte and
they sure deserve a listen!  A great honky-tonk 4-piece - John Abbey
smokes on the upright bass and Phil Cimino drums with only a snare &
high-hat, he's a heavy hitter with such a  musical touch that you'd
think he was getting all those sounds out of a huge kit.  Then there's
Boo Reiners' guitar work- Bill Kirchin would be proud of the way he
makes that tele twand - and Elena's voice - it's powerful and full.
She's a pretty hard-driving guitar player herself!

If you like the DeRailers sound, you'll like 'em - not as polished &
tight (yet) but they had people up and dancing for the full hour set.
Or if you liked their new CD, One Dog Town, I think you'll like the live
show even better.  By the way - don't miss the quote on the back side of
their band T-shirts - it's way funny!

Check the week's listings - I think they said Dottie's in Atlanta
(Wed??) and Local 506 in Chapel Hill.