> I'm willing to accept this, but I still have some problems with
>the underlying concept of the beastie.

we do to.

>That being said, I'd enjoy the heck
>out of playing the Broken Spoke on Friday night, sure and I would.
>(Congrats, Countrypolitans).

thanks.

After I posted I checked the snail mail and received an application for New Music West 1999 in Vancouver B.C. this May. Immediately I went in to thinking,....."okay, now if we can play Seattle on the way up and Bellingham on the way down, maybe we can pay for gas and food. And if we......" Wait a minute. I'm not going to go through this again.  I look at the app. and of course there is nothing mentioned about what the showcasing acts (about 150) get in return. So I call them up and ask what the deal is and to my amazement she says "each band will have a choice of a wristband for everyone in the band and one pass to the conference or $100." I thought.....hmmmm, where did they get that idea? And that's Canadian Dollars we're talking about, and like at SxSW I don't get a wristband as the manager. They will also cover the border fee to cross into Canada. I said "There's a fee now?" she said there is a fee for those who cross the border to work in Canada. hmm.....She then went on to tell me the line about all the good schmoozing you can do and all the industry types that will be there and blah blah blah.

Well, like I said though, ....."okay, now if we can play Seattle on the way up and Bellingham on the way down, maybe we can pay for gas and food. And if we stay at....."

Erik

www.countrypolitans.com