Howdy,

Oops. My car broke down and the show was only 44 minutes late getting on the
air. But I work for free, so I don't think they'll cut my paycheck.

A fun night with some Valentine's Day requests, and a small tribute to stock
car racing.

An important note for anyone who cares-- effective February 20, the show is
moving to a new time slot. I'm backing up TSN one hour to start at 6 p.m..
The show will continue in its three-hour format, running until 9 p.m.. This
allows the Fringe to expand from two to three hours on Saturday nights (more
details on the Fringe play list posted separately).

The regular contact information, etc., follows the play list.

Here's the skinny...

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #21 -- 7:44 PM to 10 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- February 13, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley with the Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Ruby -- Cousin Emmy and Her Kinfolk -- From the Vaults: Decca Country
Classics -- MCA
'Til I Kissed You -- The Everly Brothers -- Cadence Classics -- Rhino

Instant Love -- The Countrypolitans -- Tired of Drowning -- Ultapolitan
Battle of New Orleans -- Johnny Horton -- America Remembers Johnny Horton --
TeeVee
I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes -- Jimmy Martin -- 1954-1974 -- Bear
Family
Box of Pine -- The Deliberate Strangers -- Mood Music for Snake Handlers --
Payday

Meet Me in Heaven -- Johnny Cash -- Unchained -- American
I Love No One But You -- The Stanley Brothers -- 1949-1952 -- Bear Family
Junior's Guitar -- Kevin Gordon -- Cadillac Jack's #1 Son -- Shanachie

Two More Bottles of Wine -- Emmylou Harris -- Profile: The Best of Emmylou
Harris -- Warner Brothers
High Lonesome Sound -- Vince Gill with Alison Krauss and Union Station --
High Lonesome Sound -- MCA
Tennessee Plates -- John Hiatt -- The Best of John Hiatt -- Capitol

My Baby's Just Like Money -- Lefty Frizzell -- Hillbilly Boogie -- Columbia
Take Me Back to Tulsa -- Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys -- The Tiffany
Transcriptions, Vol. 2 -- Edsel
Why Baby Why -- Webb Pierce with Red Sovine -- Honky Tonk Songs -- Country
Stars
My Baby's Gone -- The Backsliders -- Throwin' Rocks at the Moon -- Mammoth

Any Old Time -- Alison Krauss and Union Station -- The Songs of Jimmie
Rodgers -- Egyptian
Sheik of Araby -- Cluster Pluckers -- Just Pluck It -- CPR
Grizzly Bear -- The Youngbloods -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 5 -- Rhino
St. Louis Blues -- Craig Smith -- Craig Smith -- Rounder
Peach Pickin' Time Down in Georgia -- Willie Nelson -- The Songs of Jimmie
Rodgers -- Egyptian
Ain't Misbehavin' -- Cluster Pluckers -- Just Pluck It -- CPR

This Old Porch -- Lyle Lovett -- Lyle Lovett --Curb/MCA
You're Part of Me -- Roger Miller -- King of the Road -- Bear Family
Mary -- The V-Roys -- All About Town -- E-Squared

The Cold Hard Facts -- The Del McCoury Band -- Cold Hard Facts -- Rounder
A Week in a Country Jail -- Tom T. Hall -- The Hits -- Mercury
Ribbon of Darkness -- Connie Smith -- The Essential Connie Smith -- RCA
Foggy Mountain Breakdown -- Flatt and Scruggs -- The Golden Hits -- Highland

I Can't Stop Lovin' You -- Merle Haggard -- Down Every Road -- Capitol
Doin' My Time -- Flatt and Scruggs -- The Golden Hits -- Highland
Buenas Noches from a Lonely Room -- Dwight Yoakum -- Buenas Noches from a
Lonely Room -- Reprise
My Own Peculiar Way -- Willie Nelson -- Teatro -- Island

The Wall -- Collin Raye -- NASCAR: Runnin' Wide Open -- Columbia
Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy) -- Jim Croce -- The 50th Anniversary
Collection -- Saja
The Ballad of Thunder Road -- R.B. Morris -- Take That Ride -- Oh Boy

Stupid Cupid -- Patsy Cline -- The Patsy Cline Collection -- MCA
Sad Singin' and Slow Ridin' -- Jean Sheppard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine --
Country Music Foundation
A Better Man -- Union Springs -- Ten Past Midnight -- Vetco
She's No Lady -- Lyle Lovett -- Pontiac -- MCA/Curb

And that's an abbreviated Tennessee Saturday Night. Set your clocks back an
hour, the Saturday nights in Tennessee start earlier beginning next week.
TSN is moving and will air on WDVX each Saturday from 6-9 pm.

Want to send music for air play consideration? Contact me at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

I'll also accept help with my electric bill, applications for internships to
help me at the historical society, and used books by notable Southern
writers.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN