Howdy,

It is my pleasure to announce that, beginning next Saturday, the Fringe is
expanding to a three-hour format. Now, listeners to can tune into my show
for an hour, watch Austin City Limits for an hour, and still tune in to
catch the last hour of the show, too. Truly something for everyone.

This week's show featured Lone Justice, but suffered from an outbreak of
blabbermouth disease, wherein I talked more about the band than I played
music. I hate when I do that.

At any rate, the show featured some good stuff. Artists making Fringe debuts
included: Jim Croce, Beau Jocque and the Zydeco Hi-Rollers and Marcia Ball.
Knoxville held its annual attempt to mimic a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday.
That put me in the mood for a mini-Mardi Gras set about midway into the
show.

At any rate, I'm pretty excited about the expansion of the show. Here's
hoping that I can keep the show listenable for 180 commercial-free minutes.

Contact information, etc., follows the playlist.

Here's a review of another quick trip to the Fringe...

Fringe -- Episode #22 -- 10 PM to Midnight
WDVX- FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- February 13, 1999

Good Year for the Roses -- Elvis Costello and the Attractions -- Almost
Blue -- Rykodisc
The Salt in My Tears -- Dolly Parton -- Hungry Again -- Decca
Operator -- Jim Croce -- The 50th Anniversary Collection -- Saja

Ways to Be Wicked -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen
No Place in History -- Al Anderson -- Pay Before You Pump -- Imprint
Hang On -- Link Wray -- Rumble! The Best of Link Wray -- Rhino
Love Hurts -- Gram Parsons & the Fallen Angels -- Live 1973 -- Sierra

Drugstore Cowboy -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen
Steppin' Out -- Cadillac Cowgirl with Her Back Door Men -- High on the
Hog -- Sur
It Ain't Easy Being Me -- Chris Knight -- Decca

This World Is Not My Home -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home --
Geffen
The Kiss -- Radney Foster -- See What You Want To See -- Arista/Austin
Pontiac -- Fred Eaglesmith -- Lipstick, Lies, and Gasoline -- Razor & Tie

Chere Mignonne -- Beau Jocque and the Zydeco Hi-Rollers -- Pick Up on
This -- Rounder
That's Enough of that Stuff -- Marcia Ball -- Louisiana Spice -- Rounder
That Was Your Mother -- Paul Simon -- Graceland -- Warner Brothers
Marie Laveau -- Bobby Bare -- The Essential Bobby Bare -- Columbia
Brother John -- The Wild Tchopitoulas -- Treacherous: A History of the
Neville Brothers -- Rhino

Go Away Little Boy -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen
Maureen -- Nick Lowe -- Basher: The Best of Nick Lowe -- Columbia
Little Lisa -- Wayne Hancock -- That's What Daddy Wants -- Ark21
When It Rains I Get Wet -- Hillbilly Idol -- Town and Country -- HBI

Dixie Storms -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen
Pauline -- Kevin Gordon -- Cadillac Jack's #1 Son -- Shanachie
When Will I Be Loved -- The Everly Brothers -- Cadence Classics -- Rhino

Don't Toss Us Away -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen

18 Wheels of Love -- Drive-By Truckers -- Gangstabilly -- Soul Dump
Blackjack David -- Dave Alvin -- Blackjack David -- Hightone
Soap, Soup, and Salvation -- Lone Justice -- Lone Justice -- Geffen

Better Off Believin' -- Hillbilly Idol -- Town and Country -- HBI

And that's the end of the two hour version of the Fringe. Next week, the
Fringe expands to three hours with Hillbilly Idol as the featured artist.
I'm enjoying the heck out of that disc (and some other new stuff that has
arrived lately, including the Countrypolitans, Hogwaller Ramblers, and Nancy
Apple aka The Cadillac Cowgirl). With three hours to fill, I may be able to
fit in a whole bunch of additional new stuff.

Provided, of course, anyone sends me any.

Here's how you can do that very thing...

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

Be sure to include two box tops from your favorite breakfast cereal...

In the meantime...take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]