From: Ph. Barnard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: passenger side <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, February 18, 1999 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: mainstream country query

Thanks to everyone responding to this mainstream country query...

I know about Alison M, etc.  But in giving a neat least of 3 men, 3
women to my friend, I'm trying to represent not necessarily what's
"best" from an informed critical standpoint, but rather what most
clearly represents a contemporary mainstream country aesthetic.

So yeah, Faith Hill is definitely right there in that category.
Trisha is too popped-out?

--junior

PS.  I like Jim's reading of Matt as performance artist.  I must
admit, I've been taken in all this time <g>.