Howdy,

Rob Russell has been standing by waiting for an answer to this question for
about a week: <<On a tangentially related note (East TN murder ballads): has
anyone ever heard of a song called "She Sleeps Beneath The Norris Dam,"
recorded by the Cope Bros.? Or is my banjo playing buddy just pulling my
leg? Shane take notice: this should be your area of expertise!>>

Well, dang. I've looked around and I haven't found any thing that resembles
that, but it sure should be a song, shouldn't it? I've been meaning to track
down and compile a listing of TVA-related songs and other popular culture
references to the authority of my valley. This sounds like a good excuse to
get started on it. (Plus, the existence of such a song would be a nice
addition to my collection of songs with some connection to my home
county...)

On a related note, does anyone have good recommendations for reading
material relating to the aforementioned Cope Brothers? How about even a
brief biographical clip? I can't find anything in my library beyond a
passing mention of them? What label(s) were they on, blah, blah, blah?
There's a hole in my knowledge and it's name is the Cope Brothers. Any
assistance rewarded in karma.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN