Seems like all the version differ somewhat in lyrical content -- Jon W.
while have to chime in on that one. I grew up with the Osbornes version,
but I like the Louvins, too.

On a tangentially related note (East TN murder ballads): has anyone ever
heard of a song called "She Sleeps Beneath The Norris Dam," recorded by the
Cope Bros.? Or is my banjo playing buddy just pulling my leg?

Shane take notice: this should be your area of expertise!

Rob Russell
Johnson City, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://listen.to/thebystanders