...blushing as I write this,

> I've been remiss in welcoming two of Boston's finest to the list, though
>  fortunately they've had no reluctance about introducing themselves anyway.
>  Kate Martins is everywhere, with the eclectic taste I could only wish for.

= Obviously, Bob and I are longtime members of the Mutual Admiration Society,
keep up the good work and thanks for the kind words!

>  Barry Brooks has also popped up -- the man's collection not only of music
>  but also of clippings and related material make for an amazing library. I
>  remember Billy Joe Shaver's amazement at seeing all the stuff Barry had
>  brought that Shaver had never seen.
= Not to mention EVERY Lucinda clipping, too.

>  And yeah, that's pretty big news about Rockin' with Greg. The only bright
>  side is that it makes it easier to listen to "Hillbilly at Harvard." And
>  while that's no small matter, Greg's departure is still going to leave a
>  vacuum in the scene. If he remembers me from that show, Kate, tell him I'm
>  toasting him too.
= Agree, however MBR has bumped John Funke's "Backwoods" into the 10-noon slot
so it'll still be a "tough" 2hrs for music junkies.

We miss you out in clubland, Johnny D's hasn't been the same since you split
for Chi-town :-(   See you in a few weeks.

Kate