At 9:44 AM -0500  on 1/17/99, Jeff Wall wrote:

>No, it is NOT the same Steve Young. But when ever you bring up his name,
>people always assume you are talking about the quarterback, "You mean Steve
>Young plays music too?" The Steve Young I am referring to is the
>singer/songwriter one.

Probably not helped because of Mike Reid, who *did* go from football to
songwriting. (And is pretty good, though it's been a long time since I
followed his work.)

You could always ask him where he gets his ideas. <g> Considering the
guy's been around forever, this may or may not be a dead end, but since
he was part of the first wave of progressive country in the early '70s,
it would be interesting to hear whether he follows any alt-country
bands and what he thinks of them.

Bob