> Gawd, how I hate that Aerosmith not only recorded a Diane Warren song, had
> a hit with it but also performed it on the Grammys. Rock and Roll is dead.

Isn't that the same Diane Warren song that Mark Chesnutt's currently got
out?  Not my favorite song...

BTW, one of our local DJs followed the airing of Chesnutt's cut with a
statement that Chesnutt had said he did it because he was tired of singing
cry-in-your-beer songs.  Normally, I'd get pretty worked up about that, but
this is, I believe, the same DJ who offered the tidbit that Alan Jackson had
said that he felt that he was pretty lucky, because he didn't think he could
succeed as a newcomer now - leaving off Jackson's further statement, quoted
here a month or two ago, that this was because he was too country for
today's country radio.  Hence I wonder if maybe his version of Chesnutt's
comment was, er, edited (f'r instance, "I recorded it because I'm tired of
doing cry-in-your-beer songs that go nowhere on the charts").

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/