Howdy,

Some strange events during the show with power gremlins zapping the
station's electricity on and off throughout the evening. A great big ol'
storm threatened to float away the camper, but otherwise we made it through
a Tennessee Saturday Night unscathed.

I have determined that I actually have more than 2 listeners, as previously
believed. Tonight featured several phone calls from the local senior
citizen's apartment complex. (Said one of the callers, wanting to dedicate a
song to his girlfriend, "I think they're playing your show on every floor.")
Rumor has it that the show is also quite popular with local gas stations.

Contact information, etc., follows the playlist, so you can learn how to
submit your music that reaches the aforementioned demographics and beyond.

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #23 -- 6 PM to 9 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- February 27, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley with the Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
Sweet Temptation -- Merle Travis -- The Best of Merle Travis -- Rhino
Brand New Beau --  Ralph Blizard & the New Southern Ramblers -- Southern
Ramble -- Rounder

You Don't Love Me Anymore -- Ronnie Bowman -- Cold Virginia Night -- Rebel
Alabama Trot -- Roane County Ramblers -- Rural String Bands of Tennessee --
County
Amanda Lynn -- Michael Reno Harrell -- Ways to Travel -- Rank
New Jazz Fiddle -- Asylum Street Spankers -- Hot Lunch -- Cold Spring

I'll Have Another Cup of Coffee -- Claude Gray -- Truckin' On -- Starday
Lonesome Valley -- The Carter Family -- Worried Man Blues -- Rounder
After Holding Heaven -- The Eddie Adcock Band -- Talk to Your Heart -- CMH

Slow Blues -- Cephas & Wiggins -- Homemade -- Alligator
Leaves Fall -- Chris Thile -- Stealing Second -- Sugar Hill
Lucy and Andy Drive to Arkansas -- Kevin Gordon -- Cadillac Jack's #1 Son --
Shanachie

Sugarfoot Rag -- Junior Brown -- Back to School Survival Guide -- Atlantic
She's No Lady -- Lyle Lovett -- Pontiac -- Curb/MCA
This Ol' Honky Tonk -- Rosie Flores -- Dance Hall Dreams -- Rounder
Tainted Angel -- Chris Wall -- Tainted Angel -- Cold Spring

I Miss a Lot of Trains -- Iris DeMent -- Real: The Tom T. Hall Project --
Sire
The Great Unknown -- Sara Evans -- No Place That Far -- RCA
The Way I Am -- Greta Lee -- This Ain't Over Yet

Shame on You -- Spade Cooley & His Orchestra -- Hillbilly Fever, Vol. 4 --
Rhino
Ring of Fire -- Johnny Cash -- Super Hits of the 60s -- Epic
Move It on Over -- Hank Williams -- The Complete Hank Williams -- Mercury
Sad Singin' and Slow Ridin' -- Jean Shepard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine -- County
Music Foundation

Knoxville Girl -- BR5-49 -- Live from Roberts -- Arista
Night Train to Memphis -- Dolly Parton -- Heartsongs -- Blue Eye
Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy -- Red Foley -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol.
3 -- Rhino

Tweedle Dee -- Wanda Jackson -- Right or Wrong/There's a Party Goin' On --
TNT
When Will I Be Loved -- The Everly Brothers -- Cadence Classics -- Rhino
Whose Little Pigeon Are You -- Tom Tall & the Creel Sisters -- That'll Flat
Git It -- Bear Family
I Was the One -- Elvis Presley -- Elvis 56 -- RCA

Instant Love -- The Countrypolitans -- Tired of Drowning -- Ultrapolitan
Country Girl -- Faron Young -- All-Time Greatest Hits -- Curb
Couples Only -- Wynn Stewart -- The Best of the Challenge Masters -- AVI

Sixteen Tons -- Tennessee Ernie Ford -- Classic Country Music: A Smithsonian
Collection, Vol. 2 -- RCA
Miner's Refrain -- Gillian Welch -- Hell Among the Yearlings -- Almo
Coal Minin' Man -- Ricky Skaggs -- Ancient Tones -- Skaggs Family

Detroit City -- Bobby Bare -- The Essential Bobby Bare -- RCA
These Arms -- Dwight Yoakum -- A Long Way Home -- Reprise
City Lights -- Ray Price -- The Essential Ray Price -- Columbia
Big in Vegas -- Buck Owens -- The Very Best of Buck Owens, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
So Long, So Wrong -- Alison Krauss & Union Station -- So Long, So Wrong --
Rounder

Carrie Brown -- Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band -- The Mountain --
E-Squared
Box of Pine -- The Deliberate Strangers -- Mood Music for Snake Handlers --
Payday

Rootie Tootie -- Paul Howard & His Cotton Pickers -- Hillbilly Boogie --
Columbia
Where Ya Been -- The Derailers -- Jackpot -- Watermelon
Mr. Lonesome -- Heather Myles -- Highways and Honky Tonks -- Rounder
Mind to Change -- Hillbilly Idol -- Town and Country -- HBI

I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink -- Merle Haggard -- Down Every Road --
Capitol
My Elusive Dreams -- George Jones & Tammy Wynette -- Super Hits -- Epic
Tennessee Flat-Top Box -- Johnny Cash -- The Essential Johnny Cash --
Columbia

Cas Walker Theme Song -- Dolly Parton -- Heartsongs -- Blue Eye
Walkin' After Midnight -- Patsy Cline -- The Patsy Cline Collection -- MCA

And that wraps up another Tennessee Saturday Night.

Questions, comments, fortune cookie slips, and movie ticket stubs may be
directed to me at my e-mail address at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or I
may be contacted directly by regular mail service (this is especially
helpful if you're sending CDs...):

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917