Shane asked:

> BoudinDan mentions in his fine playlist: <<...the new Elvis set called
> "Sunrise.">>
>
> When did this come out? What's on it? Is it a box set?

It's a double-CD in one of those flip cases, released a couple of weeks ago.
Basically, it's The Sun Sessions plus - the plus being a number of live cuts
from 1955, pre-Sun stuff and a couple of alternate takes that didn't appear
on The Sun Sessions.  The notes consist of a good essay by Peter Guralnick
and not much else; there is, for instance, no date, definite or speculative
(beyond the year), for the live cuts, and no discussion of where or why they
were recorded.

Unfortunately, at least from my perspective, there are a couple of
outtakes/alternate takes on The Sun Sessions that don't appear on Sunrise,
so a completist will want to hang onto the former (is this a new strategy to
reduce the traffic in used copies of The Sun Sessions that might otherwise
result?).

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/