Thanks for some of you guys' input on this book. I sort of figured you
wouldn't be too thrilled about it, those of you who take a tolerant view
of pop influences on country music. Even skimming through the book, I do
detect that the author, Richard Carlin, definitely has a bad attitude
about pop music. Every time he mentions it, nearly, he adds some snide
adjective or comment. The fellow apparently comes from a roots-oriented
perspective, and has a disdain for the "phoney" sounds of pop. Me, I like
pop just fine, as long as it's old pop and not new pop. Picky, picky. --
Terry Smith