At 03:30 PM 3/2/99 -0500, Mr. "I have to go to my brother's jazz festival
instead of twangfest" Smith wrote:

>Thanks for some of you guys' input on this book. I sort of figured you
>wouldn't be too thrilled about it, those of you who take a tolerant view
>of pop influences on country music.

Well, actually, my objection with the book is not his tastes--I can weed
that out--but his knowledge: he gets tons of  stuff just plain wrong, which
makes the book virtually (I'm being generous) useless as a resource.

If remember right, there was a JCM review years back that went through the
Big Book error by error. It was a very long review. --david cantwell