In a message dated 1/18/99 9:29:34 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 As for Don Rich, the Beatles owe a lot to him, but also to Chuck Berry,
 the Everleys, Peter Sellers, and others.  As we discussed last summer,
 they were masterful synthesists who took several elements and fashioned
 them into something new.

 Carl Z.

Add to that list Delbert McClinton, (taught 'em that "Hey Baby" harmonica
riff) and Augie Meyers. (wanted to learn how he got that organ sound on the
SDQ stuff)
At least this is what DM and AM have told me.

BTW, Augie is doing fine, recovering from an ailment that caused the
cancelation of the Tornados Far West Rodeo live recording / gig last week.
Rumors of the seriousness of Augie's illness were greatly exagerated by them
damned Austin tree-huggers. <g> Tougher'n a boot - he's gonna be fine.

Joe X.
Third Coast

np: Bottle Rockets - Leftovers

(after overcoming some firewall problems, we are netcasting again - 3-7pm cst
M-F,
2-6 pm cst Sat, 6-10pm cst Sundays) <A HREF="http://www.accd.edu/tcmn/">Third
Coast site - ACCD</A>