The other Junior writes:

>Sorry - just practicing for my trip to New York later in the year.
>Junior "Can you tell me the way to Staten Island or should I just go fuck
>myself now?" Walker

A common misconception is that if you stop a New Yorker on the street and
ask a question, the response will be rude. This is not true. New Yorkers
love to talk. They especially love to give opinions, whether you asked for
them or not, and they will gladly tell you why their way of getting to
Staten Island is the best way, and why you shouldn't listen to what the
other guy who has walked up to join the conversation says about how to get
there, and how nobody in New York can give directions properly anymore
anyway, because they're all from, y'know, Idaho or someplace, one of those
Midwestern states.

Except that Staten Island is a bad example to use, because though most New
Yorkers know how to get there, they'd rather not, and they don't understand
why anyone else would either.

New Yorkers may be seething with suppressed rage, but they're still
friendly, or at least talkative.

--Amy