At 10:21 AM 3/4/99 EST, you wrote:
>......not to burst anyone's bubble here, but we were lucky enough to have
seen
>Cisco play at the Gibson Cafe during the NEA Extravaganza and not only was
the
>guy VERY nice, he went out of his way to pose for pictures before their set
>and was genuinely flattered by all the attention.  (He also showed up at most
>of the other shows in town that weekend)  Any time we ran into him he made a
>point of coming over and thanking us for coming to his show and just plain
ol'
>talkin' 'bout stuff.
>
>Cisco and his band were great!  His guitar player came across like a mix of
>Pete Anderson and Eddie Shaver, very nice stuff!  As for Cisco comparisons,
>I'd put him in the El Vez (probably due to his stature and sideburns) meets
>Dwight category. Its a great show, enjoy!!

The guy has the goods as a musician. He just has a reputation for saying
really inappropriate things from the bandstand. On the other hand, all the
conversations Corrie (my wife and business partner) has had with him about
the upcoming appearance at SXSW has found him to be nothing less than
gracious and appreciative. As long as he shows up, does a good show and
says thanks, I'll walk away happy.

BTW, Chris Lawrence, his axeman, is amazing.

Jeff

Miles of Music mail order
http://www.milesofmusic.com
FREE printed Catalog: (818) 883-9975 fax: (818) 992-8302, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alt-Country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, power pop and tons more.