half the time I either laugh out loud at the cliches or think, "cripes it
sounds like lawrence welk!!".
I'll give you the folk point though - you won't hear that on Country Radio
and as most public radio stations' licenses are held by institutions of
higher learning, their airwaves are rife with it. Most is as cliched as the
worst country stuff.  I guess that's academia for you.