After wrappin' up Swingin' Doors last night, I tuned to one of Seattle's
commercial country stations.  They were playin' John Anderson's "Straight
Tequila Night," one of my favorite country songs of the '90s -- alt. or
otherwise.  While it's true that modern country radio's programming is
erratic at best, they're still capable of knockin' one outta the park.
For those interested in hearing actual country music -- as opposed to
roots-rock, f*lk, etc. -- you're still quite likely to run into it on
mainstream country radio.  And you're certainly gonna hear a lot more of
it there than you will on your local AAA station.--don