On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Dave Purcell wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, Jason and the Scorchers was an important cowpunk band.
> > And a hell of a live band.
>
> Hans P speaketh the truth, except that you can replace "was" with
> "is."

Yeah, and Jason R.'s solo Cd a few years back was (is) the future
of country music.  Can you say, "It hit the charts with a resounding
thud"?  I thought you could.

Overrated, overamped, overhyped, overplayed, overexposed, overdone,
and over-the-top.

Just digging Dave here......I loved them during their heyday, can't go
down that road any longer.  However "Absolutely Sweet Marie" off of the EP
hit me like a shot between the eyes.  What a perfect way to extend my
appraciation for punk which was running on empty at that time.  That is, I
was tiring of indy punk material but still craved the energy.  Bring on
some meldoy and here came along cowpunk.  I thought I was saved.

Jerry

NP: Lucy Kaplansky - Flesh & Bone