At 8:38 PM -0600  on 3/7/99, lance davis wrote:

>"Wendy, gimme the bat. Wendy! I'm not gonna hurt ya . . . I'm just gonna
>bash your fuckin' brains in!"
>
>"Gentlemen, please! No fighting in the War Room."

Personally, I fell asleep during Dr. Strangelove, and only because the
film was the most boring I'd ever seen at the time. Once again off the
mainstream. OTOH, I've seen 2001 countless times, far more than 100
certainly, last a restored widescreen print on the largest movie screen
in Boston on my birthday. That film still never ceases to amaze me, and
I still find stuff I've never seen before. (But I still wish I knew
what the Soviets were saying after running into Floyd in the space
station.) And as I told Tracy, I wish Kubrick could have stayed with us
just two more years.

Bob