At 09:06 AM 3/8/99 -0500, you wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Brad Bechtel wrote:
>> If you own a Mac, I'd recommend getting a copy of Adaptec Toast (version
>> 3.5.6 is the most current).
>
>Heartily seconded.  I picked up a La Cie 4x write/8x read CD-R unit for my
>Mac last week, and Toast (along with the Audio Extractor) is *really* easy
>to use.  I've already done a full set of system backups, as well as burned
>a custom audio CD or two.  All of them were easy and fast, with no
>problems at all.
>
>Making an audio CD, in fact, took less than an hour- you capture each
>individual track to your hard drive (which takes about 30 seconds per
>track, because computer CD/DVD drives read at a much higher speed than the
>audio CD standard) and then write the CD once all the tracks are captured
>and put in the proper order.  Nothing to it.
>
>CD-R drives aren't super cheap (mine was under $300 with a 10-pack of
>discs), but I'm thoroughly impressed with mine, and the backup capability
>alone is worth the price.
>

>Tom

  A quick question:  What if you are copy a live recording (such as a
bootleg) that is indexed, but there are no clear spaces on the original?
Is this easy to replicate or do you end up either keeping the entire
recording as a single track or putting annoying blank spaces in between the
tracks?  Also, can you control how long the blank spaces are between each
track?

  thanks -- Doug