Carl Z.:
     >Perhaps in two years, we'll see math-country (alt.country fused with
     >the very Frippian loud indie rock known as math-rock).

     hoorah! ... actually, Carl, weren't those Terry-irking stop-start
     (Minutemen-influenced) Uncle Tupelo songs math country, basically?
     (I'm thinking for instance of most of Farrar's stuff on Still Feel
     Gone). if I were a good enough musician i'd run out and start a
     math-country band right now - i'd love to hear, er, Neko Case
     fronting a band like Don Caballero, which has lots of great moments
     but really isn't interesting enough to get by without vocals/songs.

     my other obsession is starting an alt-countryish group with a
     turntablist. Richard Buckner with the Invisibl Scratch Picklz, anyone?

     (fluffy today)
     carl w.