Jake--

Your quoting of critical theorists is frightening me. I'm only a caveman.
But, just out of curiosity, while I wouldn't argue the irony at work on the
Mat's take of "Black Diamond," hadn't they already done this? I'm speaking
of their appropriations of both "Oh Darling" and "Strawberry Fields Forever"
for "Mr. Whirly" on Hootenanny. Now, I realize that the Fabs don't have the
kitsch quotient of KISS, but couldn't that also be seen as ironic? Not that
this invalidates anything you said previously (which I barely understood
anyway), but that "Whirly" pre-dates "BD" has to mean something. Right?

Lance . . .

PS--Does Ben still have Alcohol Funnycar together?