If anyone's interested - I got these off the Ryko press promo for Kelly's
new album.  I find behind-the-scenes info extremely interesting.

Several things -

"Got A Feelin' For Ya" is a retitling of the song
"Real Deep Feeling" (as she calls it in the notes).

And an album of Paul Kelly covers?  Bring it on!

Any mistypings are likely mine.

Chris
------------------
Take Me Down (KW/Gary Louris)
One of several songs I've written with him.  This song was inspired by a very
bad boyfriend.

What I Deserve (KW/Gary Louris)
I started this song in a hotel room when I was extremely lonely.  Chuck's phase
shifted guitar is my favorite part of this recording.

Heaven Bound (Damon Bramblett)
Damon Bramblett has a very unique style and you should hear him sometime.  I
think I know what this song's about but he's not telling.

Talk Like That (KW)
I did a press conference in Mexico with Ricky Skaggs once and the way he
spoke sounded like family to me.  Being an army brat, I've never felt like I
had a place to call home but I came to realize I was from a time and people,
more than a place.

Not Forgotten You (Bruce Robison)
Wrapped (Bruce Robison)
Bruce has a gift for melody, but not only that his lyrics are natural.  I'm
drawn into his songs emotionally and not just because I hope they're about
me.

Cradle of Love (Paul Kelly)
This is the second Paul Kelly song I've recorded.  Maybe I'll do an entire
album someday!  I started working this song with the band before it even
occured to me that there might be something sexy going on here.

Got A Feelin' For Ya ("Real Deep Feeling" - (Dan Penn/Chuck Prophet))
I had so much fun recording with Chuck Prophet.  He played this song for
me and all I wanted to do was sing just like him.  So I got him to sing
it with me.  Everyone had fun making this record!

Time Has Told Me (Nick Drake)
This may be the most beautiful love song I've ever heard.  And it's a
contender for my favorite recording on the album.

Fading Fast (KW/John Leventhal)
This song was on a promotional EP of demos I made at A&M Records.  I was
afraid it would never get heard so I recorded it again.

Happy With That(KW/Gary Louris)
Amy Farris is a show stealer.  She may have stolen this recording too.

They're Blind (Paul Westerberg)
Westerberg lyrics of course appealed to the "under-appreciated artist" in
me!  If someone can help you romanticize your plight in life, more power
to them.  I thought it would be great to do a country version of thsi song.
We didn't really do that, but it's countrier than his version.

Not Long for This World (KW/John Leventhal)
You can usually tell when your life is about to change dramatically, but
you ignore it, thinking it might go away.  This is about that moment of
acknowledgement.