> Don't sell Elvis short my friend. Perkins might have been pretty damn
> talented, but Elvis' sex appeal was worth a thousand great guitar
> licks.

        [Matt Benz]  Exactly. Carl had the goods musically, and his Sun
sides are the best, but sadly, he lacked those other goods that E
delivered with the shake of a leg.

        BTW, all those interested in Elvis and his music (Junior!),
check out the new book "Recording Sessions" which provides a detailed
history of *all* the King's recordings, rare live and home recordings
included. Great photo's throughout. Peter Gurelnick (sp?) provides
foreward.