My girlfriend and I were discussing this over a few beers, and I figured
it might be a fun thread here. Anyway, we both agreed that the Miss America
pageant was stilted and boring with its musical numbers. We thought it might
be fun someday to see an innocuous-looking contestant don a leather jacket,
strap on a Fender Telecaster and rip into a version of the Pretenders'
"Precious" on prime time TV.

      What song would you like to see a Miss America candidate perform and get
you to jump out of your seat? I came up with a few ...

      Neil Young's "Hey Hey My My (Into the Black)"
      Joan Jett's "Do You Wanna Touch"
      Hole's "Miss World" or "Doll Parts"
      "Harper Valley PTA"

      I know you all can do better than that. C'mon ... let's hear a few and
have some fun!

Ron Warnick