Jerry Curry wrote:

> Really?  Really?  You don't find either _Train A' Comin_ nor _The
> Mountain_ adverturesome?  Wow, I find both of them to be much more
> interesting and diverse both lyrically and stylistically than his
> electric stuff.

Train, yes; Mountain, no.

> Frankly, I'd prefer to never see Steve with an electric instrument or
> electric band ever again.  Both _Train & Mnt._ are desert island discs
> for me while I'd be willing to lose all of his others sans _Guitar Town_.

Yeah, that's a close call between his string band and electric
sides. I didn't think he could top his first post-jail show at The Vic
with the string band, but his electric show at the Metro months
later was unreal. Tie ballgame, I guess.

Dave
np: Chris Whitley - Dirt Floor

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]