[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> << tell me about Let's Active, if you would be so kind.

My Let's Active memories:

Saw them open for Echo & The Bunnymen many years ago.  Back when "New Wave"
 included a lot of great bands from the
southeastern US, who wrote pop songs with melodies.

Then saw them headline a show at Cabaret Metro in Chicago.
Leader/writer/guitarist/singer Mitch Easter had apparently just
broken up with bassist/singer Faye Hunter.  The two of them managed to put
on a good show without looking at each other the
entire evening.

Opening act was Chris Stamey, and he was just amazing.

I think all of their stuff is out of print these days.  My fave of theirs
was a six-song ep, _Afoot_.  It sounded like a co-ed jangle
pop band playing Monkees songs.

And I think that a lot of melodically-challenged bands would benefit from a
 Mitch Easter production on their records.  He gave
Velvet Crush a nice sound, and he produced a nice little record for an (I
think) Australian band, The Hummingbirds.

But no, I don't watch "Friends", so I don't know who did the cover.  Lisa
Kudrow, maybe?

--
Tom Mohr
at the office: [EMAIL PROTECTED]