Tom Stoodley wrote:

> Ryko cases are the *worst*.  I don't own a single Ryko case that's intact,
> and I've probably got dozens of Ryko discs.  Most of them were broken from
> the day I brought them home...

Carl Z replied:

>>You can write the company and they'll send you new ones for free.  At
least they used to...<<

I recall the "quality" of the Ryko jewel cases being discussed (on a different
list) when the Galaxie 500 box set came out...and sure enough, within the
first 2 days, I had already busted one of the cases!

Speaking of writing the company, here's a "trick" for you:

I know that the BMG music club will send you replacement jewel cases if yours
are damaged in shipment...so, the next time you order...just write 'em back
and say that a couple were damaged. (of course, this won't get you fancy
colors, etc).

Me? I lucked out at Big Lots one time where they were selling jewel cases 4
for $1!! (I loaded up!).  Also, I've seen lots (of 50-100) of jewel cases
being hocked on ebay (of course)...and my local Disc Go Round franchise
carries all sorts of pretty colors...but I'd recommend getting the "p2
discount" from Mr. Lavery ;)

Paul