The Boudin Barndance - 3/11/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

There's no doubt the ol' Possum was in a lot of folks prayers this week, so
kicked things off with a "reminder set" of just how important this old cat is.
Also, despite the fact they're playing about 3 hours down the road, it is a
Waco's weekend in the Big Apple and appropriately, we celebrated it on the
Barndance by spinning a bunch from these bad boys.  Getting first-time Boudin
Barndance spins this evening was the two-on-one Jones feissue from KOCH,
Geffen's recent Lone Justice compilation, the superb Billy Jack Wills reissue
from the Joaquin folks, the second volume of 30 Original Historic Rockabilly
Classics from Lost Gold, and brand spanking new things from Ceasr Rosas,
Stephen Bruton, and Rosie Flores.  Butt-Shaker of the night?  I'm thinkin'
"Live Jive" from Whisperin' Smith.  Onto zee goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

George Jones - The Man Worth Lovin' You / A Picture of Me (KOCH)
George Jones - Never Having You / Nothing Ever Hurt Me (KOCH)
George Jones - A Good Year for the Roses / Burn the Honky Tonk Down (Rounder)
George Jones - Tall Tall Trees / Cup of Loneliness (Mercury)
George Jones - Play It Cool Baby / White Lightning (Ace)
George Jones - A Picture of Me / A Picture of Me (KOCH)

Conway Twitty - On Our Last Date / Conway Twitty Collection (MCA)
Jack Smith - The Only One / Can't Help Myself (Run Wild)
Ernest Tubb - Hello World / Waltz Across Texas (Bear Family)
Webb Pierce - You Scared the Love Right Out of Me / The Wondering Boy (Bear
Family)
James Hand - Everybody Got It But Me / Shadows Where the Magic Was
Sid King & 5 Strings - Mama I Want You / Shake This Shack Tonight (Bear
Family)

Willis Bros - Alcohol & #2 Diesel / 24 Great Truck Drivin' Songs (Hollywood)
Groovey Joe Poovey - Careful Baby / Greatest Grooves (Dragon Street)
Joe Clay - Doggone It / Ducktail (Bear Family)
Bill Woods - Phone Me Baby / 30 Original Historic Rockabilly Classics (Lost
Gold)
The Stillmen - The Letter / Go! Go! Go! (Star Tone)
Gene Summers - The Push / Ultimate School of Rock 'n' Roll (Crystal Clear
Sound)

Eddie Bond - Here Comes That Train / Last Great RAB Saturday Night
(Stompertime)
Sonny West - Rock Ola Ruby / West Texas Bop (Ace)
Jack Guthrie - Oklahoma Boogie / Rockabilly Gold V1 (Lucky)
Tommy Scott - Cat Music / Early Recordings (Collector)
Ronny Keenan - Juke Box Queen / Gulf Coast Grease (Ace)
Go Cat Go - Who Was That Cat? / Let's Here It Once Again For (Vinylux)

Billy Jack Wills, et al - Skiddle Dee Boo / Crazy, Man, Crazy (Joaquin)
Ray Coats, et al - Texas Blues / Diggin' texas Swing (Krazy Kat)
Billy Jack Wills, et al - Stardust / Crazy, Man, Crazy (Joaquin)

.............get waco-ed...........
Waco Bros - Pigsville / WacoWorld (Bloodshot)
Waco Bros - Napa Valley / Do You Think About Me (Bloodshot)
Waco Bros - Famous Last Words / WacoWorld (Bloodshot)
Waco Bros - Northwoods / WacoWorld (Bloodshot)
Waco Bros - Revolution Blues / Do You Think About Me (Bloodshot)

............gettin' my own ya ya's out..........
The Riptones - Go Be and Do / Cowboy's Inn (Bloodshot)
Lone Justice - Drugstore Cowboy / The World Is Not My Home (Geffen)
True Believers - Outside Your Door / Hard Road (Rykodisc)
6 String Drag - South of Meridian / (Fundamental)
Son Volt - Medicine Hat / Wide Swing Tremelo (WB)
True Believers - Wild Eyed & Wound Up / Hard Road (Rykodisc)

Cesar Rosas - Treat Me Right / Soul Disguise (Rykodisc)
Stephen Bruton - Nobody Gets Hurt / Nothing But the Truth (New West)
Rosie Flores - It Came From Memphis / Dance Hall Dreams (Rounder)
Wanda Jackson - This Should Go On Forever / Vintage Collection (Capitol)
Kelly Willis - Time Has Told Me / What I Deserve (Rykodisc)
Lucinda Williams - I Lost It / Car Wheels on a Gravel Road (Mercury)
Whispering Smith - Live Jive / Louisiana Hoodoo Party (Hip-O)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan

N.D. - Harpoon
N.P. - Backsliders, "Southern Lines" (and damn am I likin' this)