>The Hot Club of Cowtown are doing Happy Hour at the Continental
on wednesday
>at 6:30PM. I saw them last night and they were amazing. lots of
new tunes and
>tight as a tick.

I saw them a week ago, not knowing anything about them other
than the bit of buzz
they've gotten here, and was very impressed.  Okay, I've had a
fondness for Bob
Wills-type stuff for years so I had a feeling I'd like them, but I was
also skeptical
about a three-piece carrying off the material.  For the most part, I
didn't miss all
those extra musicians a bit-- well, there was a couple times I
thought a little steel
would be nice-- but if the show had been in a less-formal venue I'd
have chomped
a cigar and let loose with many an "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh."
My only regret
was that I hadn't dragged a dozen people with me to the show;
they deserved to
play in front of more than the 60 folks who showed up.