Junior wrote:

>In keeping with the booking traditions of that most beloved of KC venues,
>the McCoury band is scheduled right between Robin Trower and the
>Chippendale Dancers!!! Alright!

And Larry replied:

>Why they'd want to play some
>nightclub in front of a bunch of drunk Kansans instead of
>a group of quiet, appreciative Iowans is beyond me. <g>

Well, I suspect this'll be a quietly appreciated show, given that we'll be
recovering from Robin Trower and pensively anticipating those Chippendales.

And given your description of Iowans, Larry, I suspect Junior and Bill
Silvers now think I must be a transplant from that fair state, given that
I'm as prone to lurking in conversation as I am on this list, and MUCH LESS
prone to drink! <g>

But I'm doing much better now.

Jack Copeland
Shawnee, Kansas
(and trying to figure if I can see Earle/McCoury in Olathe and then
make the 45-min drive to Lawrence to catch Junior and Deke Mar. 30.
It ain't impossible.)

"I tried to sing rock for awhile. But when you have a hillbilly accent like
mine, it's hard to sing 'Cold as Ice.' It takes too long to say 'cold.' "

                                -- Danni Leigh in cable TV interview