Interesting story, but a touch odd, since I can't find any record of it at
the Rolling Stone website, nor any reference to the matter elsewhere.  I'd
sure like to verify it (or hear that someone else has done so), because
there are a couple of oddball angles: 1) Billboard gave The Mountain a
"Spotlight" writeup back in January and mentioned the current tour in at
least one other story as well, 2) the chart in question is a sales chart,
and the absence of a promoted-to-radio single is utterly irrelevant and 3)
Bluegrass Rules! was in a similar position (artist absent from country chart
for a long time, no single), and it appeared on the same chart discussed
here last year, no problem.

Assuming that the story is accurate, it's worth noting that, though he's
vaguely blamed for The Mountain's non-appearance on the chart, Billboard's
Nashville-based country chart editor isn't quoted anywhere in the piece.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/