A special SxSW note for you lucky bastards who are going. I know
there are a zillion great bands playing and you can't possibly see
everyone you want to see. But if you get a chance, please try to
work the Tigerlillies into your schedule (I'm not sure when they're
playing).

They're a veteran band from Cincinnati, been together 10 or so
years. Hepped up garage pop, great stuff, they have a couple
records out on Atavistic. Anyway, they were on their way to SxSW
last year when their van was hit by a drunk driver. The band
members were all injured, with the worst being the drummer's
broken wrist, but their road manager and old friend was killed. The
conference organizers saved them a spot, so they're heading back
down this year. They're playing in Dallas, I believe on Wed, then
heading to Austin.

They're good guys and a great band. If you get a chance, go see
them, and cheer like mad. They deserve it.

Dave

P.S. Are you still out here, Susan?

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]