Howdy,

I'm chucking this over the wall.

This week TSN was going to feature live music from Johnson City's very own
Bystanders (featuring P2-er Rob Russell), but the unexpected snowfall caused
a tractor trailer accident on the interstate resulting in me arriving at the
studio nearly 30 minutes late and making an on-air plea to the Bystanders to
turn around and go on to their paying gig and avoiding the mess near the
station.

(It just wasn't my day for hooking up with fellow P2ers. A genealogy
workshop at the historical society on Saturday also kept me from meeting up
with Jeff Wall on his trek to Middle Tennessee. Hopefully, I'll catch the
son-of-a-gun on his return trip to Virginia.)

So, here's a slightly abbreviated version of Tennessee Saturday Night for
your reading pleasure.

Contact information, etc., follows the play list.

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #25 -- 6 PM to 9 PM (Tonight's show began
at approximately 6:30 PM)
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- March 13, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley with the Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
The Maker's Mark (not sure if this is the right title) -- The Bystanders --
Live at the Down Home (3/13@Tomato Head, Knoxville)
New Broom Boogie -- Al Dexter and His Troopers -- Hillbilly Boogie

Widow Maker -- Jimmy Martin -- Truckin' On -- Starday (an unfortunate choice
for a song given the situation on the nearby interstate...)
Homegrown Tomatoes -- Guy Clark -- Keepers -- Sugar Hill
Battle of New Orleans -- Johnny Horton -- America Remembers -- TeeVee
Cadillac Man -- The Cadillac Cowgirl with Her Back Door Men -- High on the
Hog -- Sur

Blue Guitar Stomp -- Leon McAuliffe and His Western Swing Band -- Hillbilly
Boogie -- Columbia
Across the Alley from the Alamo -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts with Robbie
Fulks -- Salutes the Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot
Sweet Kind of Love -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts with Jon Langford -- Salutes
the Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot

Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues -- Jimmy LaFave -- Trail -- Bohemia Beat
(tonight's featured artist on "Fringe" following "TSN")
Jimmie's Texas Blues -- Jimmie Rodgers -- The Singing Brakeman -- Bear
Family
Walls of Time -- Ricky Skaggs -- Ancient Tones -- Skaggs Family

Fraulein -- Jimmy Martin -- 1954-1974 -- Bear Family
I Feel the Blues Moving In -- Del McCoury -- Don't Stop the Music -- Rounder
Custom Made Woman Blues -- Hazel Dickens and Alice Gerrard -- Hazel &
Alice -- Rounder
Foggy Mountain Breakdown -- J.D. Crowe & the New South -- Live in Japan --
Rounder

Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine -- Tom T. Hall -- The Essential Tom
T. Hall -- Mercury
Engine, Engine #9 -- Roger Miller -- King of the Road -- Bear Family
The Bottle Let Me Down -- Merle Haggard -- The Capitol Collector's Series --
Capitol

Stop That Ticklin' Me -- Grandpa Jones -- Nashville Classics: The 50s -- RCA
Banana Boat Song -- Country Gentlemen -- The Early Rebel Recordings:
1962-1971 -- Rebel
Nashville Cats -- The Del McCoury Band -- The Family -- Ceili
Interstate Waltz -- John Hartford -- The Walls We Bounce Off Of -- Small
Dog-a-Barkin'

I Just Want to Thank You -- The Isaacs -- Increase My Faith -- Horizon
When God Dips His Love in My Heart -- Alison Krauss & the Cox Family -- Now
That I've Found You -- Rounder
Will the Circle Be Unbroken -- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band -- Will the Circle
Be Unbroken -- EMI

When There's No Around -- Tim O'Brien -- When There's No One Around -- Sugar
Hill
These Hills -- Iris DeMent -- Infamous Angel -- Warner Brothers
Daddy's Little Pumpkin -- John Prine -- The Missing Years -- Oh Boy

A White Sport Coat -- Marty Robbins -- A Lifetime of Song -- Columbia
I'll Come Running -- Connie Smith -- The Essential Connie Smith -- RCA
I'm Barely Hanging on to Me -- Johnny Paycheck -- The Real Mr. Heartache --
Country Music Foundation
Missing You -- Webb Pierce -- Honky Tonk Songs -- Country Stars

I Wouldn't Put It Past Me -- Dwight Yoakum -- A Long Way Home -- Reprise
I Wanna Go Back There -- Dolly Parton -- Hungry Again -- Decca
She's Left Me for Good Again -- The Bystanders

Amanda -- Waylon Jennings -- The Essential Waylon Jennings -- RCA
Billy from the Hills -- Greg Brown -- Slant Six Mind -- Red House
Your Old Love Letters -- Porter Wagoner -- The Essential Porter Wagoner --
RCA
It's a Great Life -- Faron Young -- Live Fast, Love Hard -- Country Music
Foundation

Crying Steel Guitar Waltz -- Jean Shepard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine -- Country
Music Foundation
Love's Gonna Live Here -- Buck Owens -- The Very Best of Buck Owens, Vol.
2 -- Rhino
My Baby Don't Dance to Nothing But Ernest Tubb -- Junior Brown -- 12 Shades
of Brown -- Curb
No Vacancy -- Merle Travis -- The Best of Merle Travis -- Rhino

...and the snow turns to rain as a Tennessee Saturday Night comes to a
close.

If you'd like to submit music for the show, be a live guest, etc., please
feel free to contact me at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917