Howdy,

I don't generally do "theme shows" and this week's version of a Tennessee
Saturday Night wasn't necessarily a theme show, but I guess you could say
that "silly fun" was sort of an underlying theme to the whole production.
Mostly this week's songs were selected for their "feel good" quality. Of
course, there were exceptions to that rule, but for the most part happiness
prevailed.

I enjoyed settling the show into its new time slot-- 6 to 9 p.m.-- and hope
that Saturday's audience response was a sign that the move was a good one.

At any rate, you know the drill by now... contact information, etc., follows
the playlist... and here's the actual playlist itself:

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Show #22 -- 6 PM to 9 PM
WDVX-FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- February 20, 1999

Tennessee Saturday Night -- Red Foley with the Cumberland Valley Boys --
Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino
When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again -- Oswald -- Carry Me Back --
Runaway -- The Cox Family -- Just When We're Thinking It's Over -- Arista

Take It Away, Leon -- Leon McAuliffe and His Western Swing Band -- Hillbilly
Boogie -- Columbia
New Jazz Fiddle -- Asylum Street Spankers -- Hot Lunch -- Cold Spring
Across the Alley from the Alamo -- Pine Valley Cosmonauts with Robbie
Fulks -- Salutes the Majesty of Bob Wills -- Bloodshot
Steel Guitar Rag -- Merle Travis -- The Best of Merle Travis -- Rhino

Ballad of Thunder Road -- Jim & Jesse -- Y'all Come: The Essential Jim &
Jesse -- Epic
22 Miles to Bristol -- Greg Trooper -- Popular Demons -- Koch
Carrie Brown -- Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band -- The Mountain --
E-Squared
Sixteen Tons -- Tennessee Ernie Ford -- Classic Country Music: A Smithsonian
Collection, Vol. 2 -- RCA
East Tennessee Blues -- Bill Monroe & Doc Watson -- Live Duet Recordings:
Off the Record, Vol. 2 -- Smithsonian Folkways
The Ballad of Thunder Road -- R.B.Morris -- Take that Ride -- Oh Boy
(the previous set was inspired by a business trip to Bristol on Friday)

Peaches and Cream -- Pee Wee King & the Golden West Cowboys -- Vol. 5 --
Bear Family
Two Whoops and a Holler -- Jean Shepard -- Honky-Tonk Heroine -- Country
Music Foundation
Riders in the Sky -- Johnny Cash -- The Essential Johnny Cash -- Columbia
Any Old Time -- Jimmie Rodgers -- The Singing Brakeman -- Bear Family

When It Rains I Get Wet -- Hillbilly Idol -- Town and Country -- HBI
Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen -- Country Gentlemen -- Souvenirs -- Rebel
There She Goes -- Carl Smith -- The Essential Carl Smith -- Columbia

Saturday Night Boogie -- Al Dexter and His Troopers -- Hillbilly Boogie --
Columbia
I'm Satisfied with You -- Hank Williams -- The Complete Hank Williams --
Mercury
He'll Have to Go -- Jim Reeves -- RCA Nashville Classics: The 50s -- RCA
Pop-A-Top -- Jim Ed Brown -- Heroes of Country Music, Vol. 2 -- Rhino

Mighty Mississippi -- Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver -- The Original Band --
Sugar Hill
Wham Bam Sam -- Hank Williams, Jr. -- Wham Bam Sam -- MCG/Curb
Miss the Mississippi and You -- Suzanne Thomas -- Dear Friends and Gentle
Hearts -- Rounder

Don't Forget the Coffee Billy Joe -- R.B. Morris -- Real: The Tom T. Hall
Project -- Sire
Cigarettes and Coffee Blues -- Lefty Frizzell -- Look What Thoughts Will
Do -- Columbia
Coffee Blues -- Bill Morrissey -- Songs of Mississippi John Hurt -- Philo

Walking the Blues -- Lynn Morris -- Mama's Hand -- Rounder
The Thunder Rolls -- Pat Alger -- Seeds -- Sugar Hill
Any Ole Stretch of Blacktop -- The Larry Stephenson Band -- Far Away in
Tennessee -- Pinecastle
Only You -- Third Tyme Out -- Letter to Home -- Rounder

May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose -- Little Jimmy Dickens -- Super
Hits of the 60s -- Epic
Do-Wacka-Do -- Roger Miller -- King of the Road -- Bear Family
Title of the Song -- Darrell Scott -- Aloha from Nashville -- Sugar Hill
Raspberry Beret -- The Derailers -- Reverb Deluxe -- Watermelon
Bad, Bad Leroy Brown -- Jim Croce -- The 50th Anniversary Collection -- Saja
Batman Theme -- Link Wray -- Rumble! The Best of Link Wray -- Rhino
That Hound Dog in the Window -- Homer & Jethro -- RCA Nashville Classics:
The 50s -- RCA

I Take It on Home -- Charlie Rich -- Southern Sampler 1997 -- Oxford
American
Sorrow on the Rocks -- Porter Wagoner -- The Essential Porter Wagoner -- RCA
Worried Man Blues -- The Carter Family -- Their Complete Victor Recordings:
Worried Man Blues -- Rounder

My Shoes Keep Walking Back to You -- Ray Price -- The Essential Ray Price --
Columbia
Two More Bottles of Wine -- Emmylou Harris -- Profile: The Best of Emmylou
Harris -- Warner Brothers
Rock in My Shoe -- Tim O'Brien -- Rock in My Shoe -- Sugar Hill
Hello Darlin' -- Conway Twitty -- From the Vaults: Decca Country Classics --
MCA

Little Maggie -- The Stanley Brothers -- Bluegrass Spectacular -- Country
Stars
Marie -- Don Walser -- Down at the Sky-Vue Drive-In -- Watermelon
Always -- Patsy Cline -- The Patsy Cline Collection -- MCA

The Wurlitzer Prize -- Waylon Jennings -- The Essential Waylon Jennings --
RCA
I'm Sorry -- Brenda Lee -- From the Vaults: Decca Country Classics -- MCA
Baby That's Cold -- Vern Gosdin -- The Voice -- BTM

Hillbilly Boogie -- The Delmore Brothers -- Freight Train Boogie -- King/Ace
Give Me a Red Hot Mama and an Ice Cold Beer -- Smiley Maxedon -- Hillbilly
Boogie -- Columbia

...and that brings us up to the nine o'clock hour and the conclusion of this
week's installment of a Tennessee Saturday Night.

As you can see from the playlist, I sneak in a bit of the new "classic"
sounds with the older stuff. If you'd like to submit your music for possible
inclusion on a Tennessee Saturday Night, contact me at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

In the meantime, thanks for listening/reading.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]