Mitch Matthews wrote:

<<Note to Paul Ameritwang: Just drove by the Latin Quarter (note to readers:
we
both saw Red Hot Chili Peppers and Young Fresh Fellows there), and it looks
like it's being gutted or torn down slowly.

well, it's too bad they haven't had a decent show there since 1990.  for those
uninformed about the deco of detroit, i believe the Latin Quarter was an old
dance hall (from the days of dance halls? let's say the '30s?)  I don't recall
there being much around it, but when you looked really close, you could see
the history there. (i'm a sucker for cool old buildings)

For the record, I also recall seeing a The Veldt/Jesus & Mary Chain show there
as well...FWIW.

Paul

np: WRCT - "The Fear & Whiskey Show starring P2's own Carl Zimring" (that's
how he's billing it these days <g> (j/k)