A friend handed me a piece of paper a couple of weeks ago, this is what
it said -

"I am currently carrying out some work relating to 'folk music'. To
begin with, I am attempting to arrive at a definition of what
constitutes 'folk music' or 'folk song'.
I would be very interested to know what you would see as being a folk
song or folk singer.
If you can't think of a starting place, you could begin with a few names
of songs or singers/players who you think of as being folk. What is it
that makes them 'folk'?"

I'm not sure if this list has covered this territory before but it
seemed like a decent idea for a thread on this list.

I will post my own response as soon as I have finished it.

--
Goodrockin,

           Dave from the Funky Diner.

 - Knee Deep in Groove and Grits !