Stevie Simkin writes:

>Am I right in assuming that the well-known session guitarist Waddy
>Wachtel is the same Wachtel who wrote the beautiful "Maybe I'm Right"
>on Ronstadt's "Simple Dreams" album?  And was this a one-off, or is he
>familiar for his songwriting?  If it IS a one-off, did he just get
struck by
>lighting one day, or what?

     I'm not sure if he's ever done a solo album, though I remember that
Wachtel teamed up with some other studio pros around '79 or '80 for an
album under the group name of Ronin; Wachtel being the lead singer, if
memory serves.  It's been probably twenty years since I've heard anything
from it, though I remember it actually being halfway decent; kinda
Stonesy, I think.  I see the album turn up in used bins once in a great
while.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts