Jon Weisberger wrote:

> Jeez, you guys are making me feel....well, I dunno what.  I lived in
> Cincinnati in the early 80s, and the X would have been no less foreign to me
> then than it is now <g>.  Dave and I have talked about this from time to
> time, and considering how much time we've spent playing music in the same
> town during the same years, it's absolutely startling how few musicians we
> both know - in fact, the list starts to thin out after the first name.

Jon and I talked about this some more last night and it's a pretty
interesting and sad fact. Granted, this isn't a small city, but still,
you'd think that you'd know most of the musicians in a city after
playing for years. But, truth is, Jon and I didn't meet until he landed
on P2. Thankfully, I think we're starting to break down some
barriers (it helps that Jon plays bass for approximately 44% of the
roots bands in town <g>), but there's still a ways to go. In most of
my experience here, though, the indie rock, country, blues, etc.
musicians all run in different circles.

For the rest of y'all -- are the musical scenes in your towns this
segregated?

Going back to Jon, Prospect Hill flat tore it up last night. These
guys were good first time I saw them a year or so ago, and they've
just gotten better by leaps and bounds. They've developed a real
signature sound with the way the instruments flow into each other,
not unlike The Band. Good stuff.

Dave

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]