Howdy,

I've been busy @ work, but wanted to take a moment to share another
fun-filled play list with y'all.

This week's show featured selected cuts from the Tom T. Hall Project album,
some songs by Tom T. hisownself, and other fun.

Artists or albums receiving first time Fringe air play included Trio II,
Jeff Black, Elena Skye & the Demolition String Band, The Bystanders, Buck
Diaz, Lone Justice, Hillbilly Idol, Andy Breckman, Calexico, Mary
Cutrufello, and the Mary Janes.

As is my habit I have included contact information, a schedule of upcoming
features, and other information at the end of the playlist.

Here's the story as I heard it...

Fringe -- Episode #18 -- 10 PM to Midnight
WDVX- FM -- Clinton/Knoxville, TN -- January 16, 1999

Maybelline -- Jim & Jesse -- Y'all Come -- Epic
High Sierra -- The Trio -- Trio II -- Asylum
Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins -- The Byrds -- Ballad of Easy Rider --
Columbia

Harper Valley PTA -- Syd Straw and the Skeletons -- Real: The Tom T. Hall
Project -- Sire
A Long Way to Go -- Jeff Black -- Birmingham Road -- Arista Austin
Crying, Waiting, Hoping -- Marty Stuart and Steve Earle -- Not Fade Away --
Decca
The Year That Clayton Delaney Died -- Tom T. Hall -- The Hits -- Mercury

That's How I Got to Memphis -- Kelly Willis -- Real: The Tom T. Hall
Project -- Sire
Heaven -- Elena Skye & the Demolition String Band -- One Dog Town -- North
Hollow
Bluebell -- Greg Trooper -- Popular Demons -- Koch

Short on Love -- Webb Wilder -- Town & Country -- Watermelon (1/16 @ Down
Home)
Baby It's You -- The Bystanders -- The Bystanders (1/21 @ Down Home)
Sending Me Angels -- Delbert McClinton -- One of the Fortunate Few -- Rising
Tide (1/22 @ Tennessee Theater)

Tulsa Telephone Book -- Calexico -- Real: The Tom T. Hall Project -- Sire
Shotglass -- Buck Diaz -- Buck Diaz
Winners Circle -- Paul Burch and the WPA Ballclub -- Wire to Wire --
Checkered Past
Margie's at the Lincoln Park Inn -- Bobby Bare -- The Essential Bobby
Bare -- RCA

Don't Forget the Coffee Billy Joe -- R.B. Morris -- Real: The Tom T. Hall
Project -- Sire
The Train -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen
Napoleon -- Scott Miller -- Bubbapalooza, Vol. 1 -- Sky

When Love Is Gone -- Richard Buckner -- Real: The Tom T. Hall Project --
Sire
The Way I've Always Been -- Tom T. Hall -- Home Grown -- Mercury
When It Rains I Get Wet -- Hillbilly Idol -- Town & Country -- HBI
Indianapolis -- Bottle Rockets -- 24 Hours a Day -- Atlantic

Candy in the Window -- Mary Cutrufello -- Real: The Tom T. Hall Project --
Sire
Box of Pine -- The Deliberate Strangers -- Mood Music for Snake Handlers --
Payday
He Ain't Comin' Home -- Greta Lee -- This Ain't Over Yet

I Like Beer -- Tom T. Hall -- The Hits
Ways to Be Wicked -- Lone Justice -- This World Is Not My Home -- Geffen
I'm Not Ready Yet -- The Mary Janes -- Real: The Tom T. Hall Project -- Sire

I Had a Good Day -- Andy Breckman -- Gadfly Pie -- Gadfly
She's Left Me for Good Again -- The Bystanders -- The Bystanders

And, once again, we've traveled to the Fringe and back with nary a scratch.

Those of you familiar with the workings of this playlist know that next
week's featured artist is Johnson City's own Bystanders (my first P2
guests).

The Bystanders will be performing live in the spacious studios of WDVX next
Saturday. Both listeners are reportedly thrilled.

Here's the schedule for upcoming featured artists/albums. (In some cases, I
have assigned a co-starring role to artists who will receive special mention
during the show because of upcoming live performances).

January 23-- The Bystanders -- live in-studio performance
January 30-- Greta Lee -- live in-studio performance
February 6-- The Deliberate Strangers (special mention of One Riot One
Ranger, live in Knoxville on Feb. 11)
February 13-- none chosen as of yet... candidates include Lone Justice, Trio
II, Hillbilly Idol, Elena Skye, or Buck Diaz. (special mention of Willie
Nelson and Ray Charles, live in Knoxville on Feb. 13)

I may have to see if I can expand the show to three hours. There's a lot of
good music coming my way now and I'm finding it harder to feature just one
artist a week.

If you think your music needs to be included in that statement about "a lot
of good music coming my way," then feel free to contact me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or go ahead and send your music my way at:

Shane Rhyne
208 W. Glenwood Avenue, #2
Knoxville, TN 37917

In the meantime, have a good week.

The Fringe...now with retsyn.

Take care,

Shane Rhyne
Knoxville, TN
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NP: The Deliberate Strangers, "Dead Man's Hand"