Tom Smith wrote:

> I'd be interested in hearing how P2 musicians handle clubs
> which demand that a band representative provide a SS#
> before payment for a gig. (Years ago, one of my associates
> got audited and the IRS did not accept even his cancelled
> checks that other band members got paid for a particular
> gig. Since hearing this, we've "spread the pain around" - just
> in case . . . )

Happens most frequently when you are playing at Universitiess and other
sorts of non-profits, and passport numbers required in Europe.  We've
never had a problem with IRS.

I am going to take a guess though that when you are making the big
and/or regular bucks you would set the musicians up as employees and
give them weekly checks, taxes and social security taken out, etc.

That is a guess however,

Sarah